Monday 10 January 2011

8th January 2011

Hiya,
a few improvements.
As you know, Steven goes to physio' twice a day. When we take
him, he now pretends he's asleep (I can tell!!). When we collect him,
he's really upset and agitated usually with his arms in the air for a
cuddle. Friday afternoon he was exactly the same. At the room I spoke
to him as norma, and he wanted the alphabet. He spelt out "I dont want
to go back to rehab" Steven shortened "dont" and "rehab" not me!!!
When I asked why he spelt "pain". They must really put him through
it!! He also put up two fingers, in this case meaning he didn't have
to go back until Monday, 2 days off.
As you also know sometimes he sleeps very bad, if at all.
Friday night he had about 6hrs sleep, and at about 5am he was crying.
I asked him what was the matter, he used the alphabet to spell "dream"
So I said what dream, he spelt "car crash". Well I didn't and don't
know what to do. He's obviously remembered the crash, and he knows
he's in hospital, he's not stupid, he's going to put two and two
together and to realise that the crash is the reason he's there. So we
won't push the issue until we see the main doctor on Tuesday, we don't
want to upset him or cause a problem with his recovery.
Today Saturday while Paul was caring for him, Steven spelt
"toilet" pointing to the toilet in the room. So Paul explained that to
him.
Just these three things show the level of awareness he's coming to.
love
Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment